[x264-devel] Re: [Griffith Rees <griff.rees at gmail.com>] Re: Re: Problems compiling xubuntu ppc

Brian Raymond braymond at echostorm.net
Wed Jan 24 17:11:53 CET 2007

I have a US PS3 and coincidentally I left the VLC dependencies
compiling on it this morning, one of those being x264. I don't
anticipate success but I'll share my x264 experiences since I am very
interesting in seeing how it performs. Given that the PPE on the Cell
isn't what gives it the power I don't imagine the performance will be
that good without writing code for the SPEs. Thus far the PPE core
has been a bit sluggish at most tasks but some of the simple code I
wrote that runs on the SPEs does show the chip has some real power.

- Brian