[x264-devel] out-of-range motion vectors

CAdevel cadevel at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 16:40:51 CEST 2007

>What you're looking for is the --mvrange option.
>     --mvrange <integer>     Maximum motion vector length [-1 (auto)]

THAT'S IT!
I encoded a movie with this option and now the motion vectors are within
reasonable length (the remark of Gabriel is correct by the way and shows
off). I better check the source code for more usefull hidden options. Thanx
Rob!

>The --merange option has different meanings depending on the search
>pattern selected. For example, it specifies the size of the region to
>be searched for ESA and for the others I think it affects the maximum
>iterations or something like that but there would need to be
>clarification of this as I'm not certain what it does in each case.

Is there any documentation on this? Does any know what the option
--merange exactly do for hex and esa motion estimation algorithms? Any
pointer to the source code (variable and function) is fine as well.

with kind regards,
Cor