[x264-devel] H.264/SVC

Jean-Sébastien Légaré jslegare at cs.ubc.ca
Wed Jul 11 23:06:44 CEST 2007

I am a masters student at UBC, and my work will revolve around video
scalability. The initial intention was to implement some subset of SVC
in x264, in order to experiment on performance/usability/scalability
etc.

I was already studying the x264 code and the JSVM reference software
when you started this SVC email thread. I don't have much code yet,
but maybe I can show you what I have when it gets more mature. Perhaps
then could you give me general advice or tell me if I'm going in a
wrong direction. It would be great if my work could contribute to the
project.

-- JS