[x264-devel] out-of-range motion vectors

Gabriel Bouvigne gabriel.bouvigne at joost.com
Tue Jul 31 15:48:16 CEST 2007

CAdevel a écrit :

> The standard allows large motion vectors indeed (I recall a quarter
> window as max). However, motion estimation techniques generally limit
> their search range to 16 (or something close to that).

This is often the search range starting from the candidate position, not
  necessarily from (0,0).

Example:
You select a ME search range of up to 10. For a macroblock that would be
seeded by a candidate vector pointing to (-7,0), your ME could go from
-17 to +3 within the X axis, and from -10 to +10 within the Y axis.

--
Gabriel