[x264-devel] Reference frame for B8x8, B16x8 and B8x16

Son Minh Tran son-minh.tran at int-evry.fr
Mon Jun 4 17:42:55 CEST 2007

Hi all,
I try to figure out how  you  choose the  ref frame for  the
macroblocks, submacroblocks (MBs,SMBs). For these MBs of type p16x16,
b16x16 ... I can see that you check for all possible reference frames
then choose the one producing min cost. But for B8x8, B16x8 and B8x16
you take some derived ref frame, and I give up to find out where it is
from? Is it  from the containing MB 16x16, you had checked before? Any
clarification please
thank you