[x264-devel] Re: [Patch] x264 on ppc without altivec

Guillaume Poirier gpoirier at mplayerhq.hu
Mon Mar 5 09:53:58 CET 2007

Hi,

Alexis Ballier wrote:
>>Here's what I think:
>>It should be possible to compile x264 without Altivec support, which
>>your patch addess, and it's good. Unless the others object, I'd like
>>to checkin a similar patch, that I'll post when it's ready.
>

> Thinking about it now, perhaps this patch would have been much
> simpler if when disabling altivec it would set ARCH to
> PPC_NO_ALTIVEC or something like that.

Maybe. I think it'd be good if it was possible to completely disable
compilation of Altivec routines, in order to shrink the binary size.
Not that it's critical, but I think it hardly makes sense to hardcode
no usage of Altivec and nevertheless compile these routines.

I'll see what I can do. Don't hesitate to nag me if I don't get back
to you within a week.

Guillaume