[x264-devel] Re: allow y4m input through stdin

Tomas Carnecky tom at dbservice.com
Sun Mar 11 21:05:03 CET 2007

Tomas Carnecky wrote:
> A slightly smaller and easier patch than the one that was posted a few
> weeks ago: filenames 'stdin.yuv' and 'stdin.y4m' will allow the user to
> pass the data through stdin to x264 and at the same time x264 will
> choose the correct functions.

Anything wrong with this patch? I don't think anyone will name a file
"stdin.y4m" - alternatively you could use "-y4m" or "-.y4m", what
exactly the 'magic' name is doesn't really matter, if you don't like
"stdin.y4m", just change the strcmp().
But remember, this feature would be welcome by many users.

tom