[x264-devel] Jerking of x264 videos

Jan Gehrke jan.gehrke at online.de
Tue Mar 13 09:38:57 CET 2007

Almost all x264 videos I watched so far had the effect of more or
less visible jerking. This effect was especially striking on slow
camera movements in landscape scenes.

The jerking effect was observed on all my media players (VideoLan and
mplayer) with different builds of the x264 codec including the latest.
My computer power should be no problem (Intel Core Duo 2GHz CPU with
2GB working memory). My operating system is Windows XP. The AV
container is Matroska.

Is this effect a known bug in encoding or decoding, or some other
known problem?

Thanks

-- Jan