[x264-devel] Re: slices parameter

Alex Izvorski aizvorski at gmail.com
Thu May 3 02:50:08 CEST 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-02 at 18:32 +0200, Emanuele Fumagalli wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm using avinaptic to check encoding parameter of a certain mp4 file, I get
> slices=2,
> how can I during encoding with x264 specify slices = 1?
>
> thanks for any answer
>
> bye

If you are using recent versions of x264, you can only do slices=1.  For
older versions, slices=1 is the default (well, actually the option was
called threads, in r607 it stopped producing slices).
I would suggest that perhaps avinaptic is buggy?  Perhaps you can post
the exact x264 version, the options you're using, how the output is
muxed into mp4, how you analyse it etc etc and you should be able to get
better help here.
I also recommend you try h264_analyse from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/h264bitstream/ and run it on the raw
x264 output, that should definitely tell you how many slices are
present.
Regards,
--Alex