[x264-devel] bug in x264_cqm_init ?

Fejes Dávid fejesd at gmail.com
Thu May 3 13:37:03 CEST 2007

I've found this bug whilst debugging.

Memory is never allocated for h->dequant8_mf, h->quant8_mf and h->unquant8_mf.

x264_cqm_init (in common/set.c) will upload this matrices with data,
but it doesn't allocates any memory before that for these pointers. In
my build it causes general protection fault (or simply it mess up
another variables). If I paste the corresponding x264_memalloc
function calls onto the beginning of the x264_cqm_init, it goes well.

If I'm wrong, please let me know it. I've downloaded x264 at
22.07.2007 from the trunk, excuse me if you have corrected this.

--
Dávid

E-mail: fejesd at gmail dot com
MSN: f.d at freemail.hu