[x264-devel] Re: Test Sequences

Victor Mateevitsi victoras at telecom.ntua.gr
Fri May 18 12:16:11 CEST 2007

On 5/18/07, Mathieu Monnier <manao at melix.net> wrote:

> > with lots of frames.
>
> We misunderstood you all along.
>
> > Sequences that have a duration for 30 minutes or something like that.
>
> What type of sequence do you need ? For testing what exactly ? Because
> long sequences usually matter only for rate control algorithms, and for
> those a DVD will do, because you don't care about the already encoded
> nature of the content.

We are working on a search engine that searches in the h.264 uncompressed
domain:

http://valis.ist-divas.eu/portal/index.php

So we need long sequences, so we can search for smaller segments of videos
in it.
We can use some DVD's, but these are copyrighted material and we cannot use
them in papers, presentations, etc.

If you need uncompressed unencoded videos, it's usually to test the
> coding efficiency, and in that case you don't need longer sequences.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mathieu

Regards,
Victor