[x264-devel] Add scripts/text/marks to MPEG-TS video flow

Javier Gálvez Guerrero dulceangustia at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 13:18:54 CET 2007

Hi there,

I would like to know if there is any option or app to synchronize data
(scripts or text) and video (bundled in MPEG-TS if possible) flows with VLC
streaming feature.

Specifically, what I need to do is, for example, log in an IPTV application,
then ask the server for receiving an on-demand content. With the video flow
the receiver device should receive some kind of synchronized marks (like
Windows Media File Editor can do, for example). I don't know if exists any
application or VLC feature to synchronize this mark flow or if VLC provides
any sort of video-marking, but I've looked for it and I've found nothing.
This marks should also be parsed by the reciving application which would
process the corresponding petitions.

An example would be that if you are watching a film and in the screen
appears someone with a watch, the player application should have any way to
allow to display advertisements just in the moment, that is why I need to
synchronize it. Another application would be that, while watching a video
and logging off and then logging in again (disconnecting and connecting from
the server), I could continue the streaming from the moment when I stopped
it, managing some kind of instant marking and submitting in the user profile
in the server.

Thanks in advance to everyone,

Javi