[x264-devel] Regarding Intra macroblock in P Slice

Eric Viscito eric at ev-consulting.com
Mon Nov 5 15:45:42 CET 2007

Cut and paste from the specification:

"constrained_intra_pred_flag equal to 0 specifies that intra prediction
allows usage of residual data and decoded samples of neighbouring
macroblocks coded using Inter macroblock prediction modes for the
prediction of macroblocks coded using Intra macroblock prediction modes.
constrained_intra_pred_flag equal to 1 specifies constrained intra
prediction, in which case prediction of macroblocks coded using Intra
macroblock prediction modes only uses residual data and decoded samples
from I or SI macroblock types."