[x264-devel] recommended settings for screencapture encoding?

Dmitriy Vatolin dmitriy at graphics.cs.msu.ru
Wed Nov 7 17:24:18 CET 2007

Dear Tonda,

TM> Hi, my personal experience is that *lossless* h264 good for screen
TM> captures, it is much better then lossy h264.

    Absolutely! Also any independent comparison of lossless h264
    efficiency with MSU Screen Capture Lossless Codec
    http://www.compression.ru/video/ls-codec/screen_capture_codec_en.html
    will be very interesting. Now the best results for screen capture
    content is clamed but external independent comparisons is
    necessary.

Yours,
 Dmitriy