[x264-devel] add optimised functions

Guillaume Poirier gpoirier at mplayerhq.hu
Tue Nov 13 13:19:10 CET 2007

Hello,

Noboru Asai wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 07/11/13, *Guillaume POIRIER* <gpoirier at mplayerhq.hu
> <mailto:gpoirier at mplayerhq.hu>> write:
>
>     All applied. Very good work, great speed-up overall!
>

> Thanks!

You're very welcome.

> Now I'm writing some other functions ( x264_hpel_filter_altivec(),

Good deal. That one should significantly speed-up encoding since on my
profiling (encoding with standard encoding options)
x264_frame_filter() takes up 12.2% of encoding time.

> pixel_ssd_8x8_altivec(), ssim_4x4x2_core_altivec() ), so I'll send them
> later.

How much do the C version of takes with your encoding options? Here:
not too much... still, it's nice to get closer to being on par with
x86 WRT SIMD code.

Guillaume