[x264-devel] Custom slice support

Mojtaba Hosseini Mojtaba.Hosseini at magorcorp.com
Tue Nov 13 17:07:41 CET 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-13 at 15:32 +0100, List, Peter wrote:

> I personally still use version 606 because I need slices and I would be VERY HAPPY if this merge would become reality!!!
> Let me stress here once again how important the slice tool actually is for error concealment, when video is transmitted over error prone environments without the possibility of error protection or retransmission.

Hello Peter,
  Have you tried the patch I sent to this mailing list that adds
splitting each frame into NALs when its size is greater than a
given programmable threshold?

http://mailman.videolan.org/pipermail/x264-devel/2007-October/003694.html

  I have been using that patch for our h264 transmission over lossy
networks. It would be good to know if others use it and report any
problems so I can fix it. Others using it would also give x264
contributors more confidence before merging the patch.

Mojtaba Hosseini