[x264-devel] x264 documentation

Bob Hsin bhsin07 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 13 20:31:01 CET 2007

Greetings to the folks in this forum. This is a very helpful place to a newbie like me. It is my dream that one day I can contribute something to it.

I started a video transcoding project ( for research purposes) some time ago. The general goal is to realize realtime trancoding of MPEG2 stream to AVC stream at HD level (at least 1280x720), based on software on state-of-the-art PCs. I would like to ask a couple of questions.

1) In your opinion, is my project goal realistic?
2) My plan is to do the work based on x264. I try to make sense of the open source code, but the dox files seem to be the only documentation. I wonder if there is any other publicly-available documentation which can help me to understand the code quickly? Information such as flow charts would be very helpful.

Looking forward to your messages.

Bob

Make Yahoo! your homepage.
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs