[x264-devel] Custom slice support

Mojtaba Hosseini Mojtaba.Hosseini at magorcorp.com
Tue Nov 13 21:45:00 CET 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-13 at 17:49 +0100, List, Peter wrote:

> 1. there is no prediction over slice boundaries

Yes. I believe x264 already takes care of not predicting from
mbs in another slice.

> 2. EACH of the slice-headers contain ALL the information that was
>    formally called "Frame-header"

Each slice begins with the slice header and NAL start code, so
the decoder can resync to the NAL start code if the previous slice
is lost or damaged. I believe it is not necessary to have frame header
 for each slice. Slice header should suffice.

> 3. It also contains the address where it starts, so it can always be
>    placed at the right spot in the frame (even if slices at the top
>    of that frame are missing.

This is part of slice header (start mb of each slice is in its header).

Mojtaba Hosseini