[x264-devel] Regarding horizontal and vertical range of motion vectors.

Loïc Le Loarer lll+vlc at m4x.org
Fri Nov 16 11:51:59 CET 2007

Le vendredi 16 novembre 2007 à 09:58:57 +0530, mahesh k a écrit:
> Hi all,
>
> Can any one please tell me whats the need of having different horizontal and
> vertical ranges for motion vector components in H.264 . Also the horizontal
> ranges are independent of levels but the vertical ranges depend on level of
> the decoder ?

The H.264 norms specify the maximum vectical motion vector range
depending on the level, but the maximum horizontal motion vector range
is always -2048..2047. This justify the fact that they have different
limits and that the vertical limit is linked to level.

Best regards.
--
Loïc

"heaven is not a place, it's a feeling"