[x264-devel] Boundary constraints

Etienne Bömcke etienne.bomcke at uclouvain.be
Mon Nov 19 14:43:49 CET 2007

Hi all,

I've got another question for you concerning the definition of the
boundary constraints within the encoder. Here's the deal : I've got
two video sequences, encoded separately. The first one is of classical
dimension, 720x576 for example, and the second one is a banner, let's
say 200x576. My goal is to incorporate the second sequence in the firt
one, replacing the bottom 200 lines with the banner. In order to do
that I need two things :
- I have to manipulate the bitstream to replace the sequence bottom's
macroblocks with the banner's macroblocks.
- The sequence has to be encoded without any prediction from the
bottom area, neither spatial nor temporal.

As for now I'm focusing on the second part, ideally I'd like to be
able to define a mask defining the sequence areas where prediction is
allowed and feed it one way or another to the encoder. I suppose I'll
have to modify the code where the boundary constraints are checked.

I just wanted to have a quick evaluation from people who know this
code better than I do. Do you think it could be done?

Thanks a lot.

--
Etienne Bömcke
UCL - Laboratoire TELE