[x264-devel] about the get_qscale() in ratecontrolc.

rbt01 rbt01 at 163.com
Fri Oct 19 11:42:57 CEST 2007

hi all
  i found it difficult to understand the logic in get_qscale() function which is in ratecontrol.c.
  i know that the key function in the get_qscale() function is x264_eval().
  but my problem is how does x264_eval() works.
  it uses two array to contain const_values and const_names,
  it uses a function pointer which points qscale2bits()
 and the expression is blurCplx^(1-qComp), I didn't found the function qscale2bits() in it.
 and the last parameter is rce, which in the x264_eval() function implementation is an opaque.
 if anybody give me some detailed explaination about it?
 thanks
michael.z