[x264-devel] PAFF

Jason Garrett-Glaser darkshikari at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 18:30:59 CEST 2008

>  I'm interesting in implementing the PAFF algorithen in the x264 encoder. I
>  have found several posts in Doom9 about interlaced MBAFF  in x264 but there
>  is no references to PAFF. Could someome help me to know if there is a patch
>  to implement PAFF.
>  Thanks in advance.
>  Fernando Pescador

x264 technically does not support MBAFF either; while it uses the
MBAFF syntax elements to code an interlaced stream, it does not
support the mixing of interlaced and non-interlaced macroblock pairs
during the encoding process, so it is "adaptive" in name only.  PAFF
of course is not supported at all.

What would be more useful than PAFF, I think, would be to have proper
MBAFF support.

Dark Shikari