[x264-devel] patch to compile on os x

Guillaume POIRIER gpoirier at mplayerhq.hu
Mon Apr 14 10:50:32 CEST 2008

Hello,

On 4/14/08, Dave Lee <davelee.com at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  In order to compile x264 on my intel mac, I had to add a call to
>  SECTION_RODATA in common/x86/cabac-a.asm, which is I think is
>  necessary to setup the fakegot label used in macho binaries.
>
>  I've attached the "patch".
>
>  Note, I also had to use the latest yasm snapshot, which is needed to
>  compile the effective address generated for macho binaries. Peter
>  Johnson of yasm says a new release will be out soon.

I tried your patch, but as you said, the "fakegot" issue is replaced
by an address generation failure on MacOSX. It doesn't break anything
on Linux however.
I didn't test on Windows however since I don't have a machine with
that thing on it.

Please someone test that it doesn't break windows port (which I doubt too).

Later tonight, I'll pull Yasm SVN and test to make sure x264 can now
compile with --enable-pic thanks to your patch.

If it does, and unless Loren or others disagree, I'm going to apply
your patch since anyway all other ASM files have been fixed for OSX
support the same way you did.

>  thanks to everyone who works on x264,

You're very welcome ;-)

Guillaume
--
A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.
 -- Napoleon Bonaparte