[x264-devel] x264 decoder

Alex Giladi alex.giladi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 23:48:43 CEST 2008

Alessandro,
If you use the verbose mode of x264 (--verbose) and calculate
PSNR/SSIM, you can capture the output (stderr) and parse it.
Each line will contain SSIM and PSNR figures for the corresponding frame.
Good luck with the thesis!
Alex.

P.S. The same HHI page Toby mentioned
(http://iphome.hhi.de/suehring/tml/) has the JVT encoder which does
exactly the same; it also outputs the reconstructed yuv in parallel
with the encoded bitstream.
--a