[x264-devel] avoid C99ism

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sat Aug 9 03:32:35 CEST 2008

Hi

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 11:54:11PM +0200, Loïc Le Loarer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> git version control wrote:
> >
> > fix C99ism
>
> To avoid having to fix this often, I suggest to add the
> -Wdeclaration-after-statement option to gcc so that variable declaration
> in the middle of a block is detected earlier.

-Werror=declaration-after-statement
might also be worth a consideration as its even more effective in stoping
such constructs.
Though it requires a very recent gcc (=gcc-svn) as gcc did even with the
option not consider them errors previously.

[...]

Its not that you shouldnt use gotos but rather that you should write
readable code and code with gotos often but not always is less readable