[x264-devel] Windows x64 support

Jason Garrett-Glaser darkshikari at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 23:59:44 CET 2008

> Replace with what? With variables (in stack)?

I'm referring to the fact that, in general, throughout the asm code,
we have used xmm6 and xmm7 as registers for things like zeroes, masks,
etc and other such global values that aren't modified during a
function.  Thus, you can get functions that use no registers other
than xmm0, xmm1, xmm6, and xmm7, for example.

Obviously, this is suboptimal when xmm6 and xmm7 have to be backed up
on the stack, so those functions should be fixed by, for example, for
the above case, changing 6 and 7 to 2 and 3, respectively.

This is a simple find/replace on all such functions that use very few xmmregs.

Dark Shikari