[x264-devel] updated from x264 rev57 to rev65 and got "invalid CSP" errors

Horst Weglanz weglanz12 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 10 14:30:37 CET 2008

Hello

I've been using libx264 since about a year in my application  (Build 57) and wanted to upgrade to a more recent one (Build 65). The problem is now I'm getting the following error with each frame:

| x264 [error]: Arg invalid CSP
| x264 [error]: Arg invalid CSP
| x264 [error]: Arg invalid CSP

probably since this change:
http://trac.videolan.org/x264/changeset/733

The output stream should in fact be in i420, but my source material isn't and currently I'm allocating my pictures this way (which worked fine before):

| x264_picture_t pic;
| x264_picture_alloc( &pic, X264_CSP_BGR, par.i_width, par.i_height);

How can I encode RGB (or in this case BGR) material with the recent version?

Thank you very much,
HW