[x264-devel] Unable to build x264-snapshot-20081108-2245/

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 00:44:26 CET 2008

On Fedora 7, with rpm version 4.4.2.2
I am not able to build x264 due to undefined
macros in the spec file. This is the error:

# rpmbuild -bb x264.spec
error: line 4: Unknown tag: %lib_package x264 65

If I comment out that line, I get the same problem with
%lib_dependencies

Upgrading to rpm 5.x is very drastic for me because the rpm developers
have not provided me with a clean way to do so - way too many dependencies.

Could someone provide me with a spec file for this snapshot
that will build under rpm 4.4.2.2??

Cheers,

JD