[x264-devel] Lossless H.264 encoding

Ram prasad ramprasad85 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 10:56:14 CET 2008

Hi allMy source data is raw 24 bit RGB VGA video. I want to encode it into a
h.264 video. my requirement is that this should be a lossless compression.
Looking at the code i think x264 does not support any other format other
than YUV 420. I am planning to modify the code to make it work on high
quality YUV 444 or if possible on the RGB data itself.
Before i embark on this task i would like to know whether it is feasible or
not. if it is yes, how much effort would it require.
Please share your thoughts.
Thank you

Regards
Ramprasad N