[x264-devel] Multislicing support

Etienne Bömcke etienne.bomcke at uclouvain.be
Tue Feb 12 11:58:35 CET 2008

Hi Mojtaba,

I finally had some time to look at your patch, but it seems that the
archives of last year's mails has been erased and is not accessible
anymore. Could you please forward me Lorren's mail you mentioned in
the following mail? I also wanted to ask you some pointers about how
to make the slice headers array a dynamically growing array, instead
of a hard-coded 8 elements array as it is now.
Furthermore, I'm afraid I won't be able to merge our two patches, as
they don't really do the same thing. My patch breaks a frame in
multiple slices, forbidding both spatial and temporal prediction
between different slices. If I followed your method, I wouldn't have
any access to the prediction constraints.
Anyway, I'll try to correct my code in order to get the ratecontrol
algorithm to work properly, hopefully I'll be able to obtain something
cleaner than it is in its current state.

Regards,

Etienne

On 16 Jan 2008, at 16:08, Mojtaba Hosseini wrote:

> [...]

Etienne Bömcke
UCL - Laboratoire TELE
etienne.bomcke at uclouvain.be