[x264-devel] unaligned accesses in IA64

Håkan Hjort hakan.hjort at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 23:25:29 CET 2008

2008/2/28 Nestor <ncfernan at gmail.com>:
> Hi Mauricio,
>
> I guess there is a bit of confusion here. The pointer is used, as the name
> suggests, to point to some place where you can peek or poke information. The
> contents of the pointer can receive any value, so the compiler cannot be
> used to force alignment on its contents.

That is not true.. the ones that I believe are relevant here  always
points to mvc or
me16x8 or me8x16 in an x264_mb_analysis_list_t.  However they do not have an
even number of ints or pointers before them in the struct.

Mauricio please try the attached patch.  It makes the accesses with
the uint64_t*
casts aligned to 8 rather than just 4.

Regards
Håkan