[x264-devel] Multislicing support

Etienne Bömcke Etienne.Bomcke at uclouvain.be
Mon Jan 7 14:41:37 CET 2008

Hi guys,

I managed to get a basic multislicing support to work with the latest
release of x264. Using the --slice-size command-line parameter, one
can define the wanted slice's size in macroblock. Given the current
definition of slices, intra prediction between slices problem is
implicitely resolved. I still have to define additional constraints to
disable usage of motion vectors liking two different slices.
You'll find the patch containing my modifications attached to this
message. I'd like to know if it could be added to the official x264
code. As this is my first contribution to an open source project, I
assume my code isn't perfect and modifications will be nedded to make
it part of the official code. So I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone
could take a look at it and point me to the parts I should rewrite.
Thanks,

Etienne