[x264-devel] Multislicing support

Mojtaba Hosseini Mojtaba.Hosseini at magorcorp.com
Mon Jan 7 20:50:19 CET 2008

-----Original Message-----

Hello,
 Have you looked at the patch I sent to this mailing list that adds
splitting each frame into NALs when its size is greater than a
given programmable threshold?

http://mailman.videolan.org/pipermail/x264-devel/2007-October/003694.html

In your patch, you have a maximum number of slices allowed hard-coded to 8.
You may want to have that allocated at run time so it can grow as needed.
Code for that is included in the patch I mentioned.

It would be nice to have both patches merged together: that is, break off a
slice if its size exceeds a threshold (the patch above) OR if # of MBs equals
a given number (your patch). This would avoid duplicating code.

Mojtaba