[x264-devel] Hello x264 coders. Consider this.

James Gardiner james.gardiner at digitall.net.au
Mon Jan 14 06:44:34 CET 2008

Hello x264 coders.

I want to point out something I feel is important and get a feel from
your guys about possible future directions.

Recently I got a small AVCHD camera and recorded a 320p, 720p, 1080p
video files.

I then dropped them on my server as is (Directly from the camera 4gig
flash card).  Pointed the new FlashPlayer 9.3 (With H.264/AAC support)
and guess what.

They played fine.  See this blog post as a demo of this.

http://www.crafted.com.au/blog/2008/01/11/avchd-straight-to-flash-player
-93-demo-flash-rocks/

This leads me to ask you guys, as you're most likely to be able to
answer this question, like MPEG2 editing as is done by products like
"VideoRedo", will such functionality be possible with AVCHD files?

If so, that would be great as you could edit your AVCHD files without
having to transcode/recompress.  Just stay in the universal H.264 codec
which is becoming a defacto standard in that nearly all new technology
players will play it.

Thanks for your comments.

James