[x264-devel] I444 support

Neil Woodall vidsurfr at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 23:12:35 CET 2008

The study determined the bitrates required for visually lossless
encoding (40db PSNR).

HDTV over UWB: wireless video streaming trials and quality of
service analysis

I was just looking at the paper. At one point I shows MJPEG-2000 as
being better, but in the actual tests, it seems  that H.264 is better
when you don't have transmission errors.

The 3:1 is probably from motion estimation. The DWT is better than DCT
for compression, but it doesn't make-up for motion estimation.

Neil