[x264-devel] soname 58, path libx264.so.58, dependency field Depends

Vadim mplayer at vadim.endjunk.com
Sun Mar 16 15:11:47 CET 2008

The below happens on latest trunk 745.

When building a mplayer debian package the following error is produced:

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: could not find any packages for libx264.so.58
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: unable to find dependency information for shared
library libx264 (soname 58, path libx264.so.58, dependency field Depends)
On an Debian etch system mplayer package will still build with those errors,
on newer release of dpkg-shlibdeps such as is in Debian Lenny the whole
thing will not finish as the requirments in dpkg-shlibdeps has changed to
abort package build if soname deps are missing. I noticed this only when
building mplayer but I'm sure anything else that will use libx264.so will
produce those errors when building packages.

Thank you.