[x264-devel] FrameSkip option

Samer Chikhani samer.youssef at uclouvain.be
Fri Mar 21 16:42:49 CET 2008

Dear all,
I'm trying to encode a sequence of 10seconds at 2 different frame rate
say 30fps and 5fps. Using the option -fps in the x264 will lead to 2
sequences of same size. What i need is to make the x264 coder drop some
frames so it can meet the target frame rate and still be of duration 10s.
I know that using the reference software there is the option FrameSkip
that does what i need. But what is the equivalent (if any) for the
FrameSkip in the x264 codec? somehow i'm not able to find any...

Anyone has an idea about that?

Samer Chikhani
UCL laboratories