[x264-devel] 2nd pass has more frames than 1st pass

Beinicke Thomas merlin.linux at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 14:37:12 CET 2008

Hello,

I am using today's checkout from git and try to encode into h264 with
avidemux.
I hit a problem and I am not sure if it's in x264 or avidemux with h264
compiled in.
Selecting another codec doesn't skip any frames.

When I encode a video (no matter if 1 or 2 pass) I get the following error
message:

[x264] Unknown image type: 0
[x264] Unknown image type: 0
[x264] Unknown image type: 0
[x264] Unknown image type: 0
[x264] Unknown image type: 0
Done:99% Frames: 1018/1021 ETA: 00:00:00

I tried many different input videos but always got the same error when I
select x264 as codec.

The video get encoded successfully after all but 5 frames are missing ( I
think always the first ones).
Because of the missing frames adaptive B-frames aren't working as well.

Any hints on how to debug this and find the culprit are really appreciated.

Thanks,

Thomas