[x264-devel] Megui's x264 rev785 trailing noise artifact

Giancarlo Rivas giaym.mail at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 04:37:31 CET 2008

Hello, I see the latest version is 791 but using Megu's autoupdate (which
brings v.785) I encoded a videogame raw video with the CQ-Lossless profile
(Constant Quality quantizer 1).

The result had glaringly obvious noise which trails when the screen
(videogame's) moves which the raw does not have.

I uploaded samples:
raw source (huffyuff): http://www.mediafire.com/?ahvq20190zn
encoded: http://www.mediafire.com/?pymgazelh5z

I got word huffyuv somehow is buggy so after recompressing the raw to RGB
the result had much less of the artifact but it was still present. With
2-pass vbr set to 1000 bitrate it was not present (HQ-Fast profile on
Megui).

The sample I uploaded turns a lot better by recompressing the source to rgb,
if you want a clip that doesn't turn _that_ good (still better) just ask :)

I recompressed many times changing options but my computer is a single core
800mhz so I have officially given up on this empiric approach, I'm encoding
with 791 though to check it has not been "fixed" already.