[x264-devel] commit: Merge branch 'master' of git at git.videolan.org:x264 ( Guillaume Poirier )

Loren Merritt lorenm at u.washington.edu
Mon Mar 31 14:26:21 CEST 2008

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
> On 3/31/08, git version control <git at videolan.org> wrote:
>> x264 | branch: master | Guillaume Poirier <gpoirier at mplayerhq.hu> | Mon Mar 31 11:36:36 2008 +0200| [ff5059a77fe4a85ed62b8e77b8cda0fb56d8350e]
>>
>>  Merge branch 'master' of git at git.videolan.org:x264
>>
>>> http://git.videolan.org/gitweb.cgi/x264.git/?a=commit;h=ff5059a77fe4a85ed62b8e77b8cda0fb56d8350e
>
> I hope this is the intended behaviour of GIT: I got this extra commit
> because I had some locally-committed changes when I pulled x264's
> changes, which fixed the -soname typo...
>
> I'm a noob regarding GIT, so please enlighten me so that, if I made a
> mistake, I don't do it again.

If you know you have a local change, run
   git pull --rebase
If you only notice after pulling, then run
   git rebase <revname from before the merge>

Now, would it break things even more to run rebase on the master
repository to get rid of this merge? It rewrites history, but I
haven't noticed any problems updating after such.

--Loren Merritt