[x264-devel] Default value for the --scenecut option causes heavy undesirable flood of I slices in active scenes

Vladimir Chernyshov vchernys at welho.com
Tue Nov 4 13:34:24 CET 2008

Ok, the discussion is closed.

I understand the point of B-frames as a form or perceptual
compression. If 1/3 of the frames in video have a slightly higher
quality, and 2/3 have slightly lower, the human eye will perceive the
video as having the slightly higher quality, while the video will have
a lower bitrate than that of the reference video with constant quality.

regards,
Vladimir

P.S. Sorry, my email client does not show any hint whether the post is
a top or not.