[x264-devel] rbsp_alignment_zero_bit

Deepak Singh deepak.ameen2k at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 11:07:52 CET 2008

Hi Chen...

Thanks for the reply ....
You are referring to some document, Could you tell me which document you are
telling.

As per my understanding the H.264 standard  we have to add
'rbsp_stop_one_bit' that's equal to '1'  to the end of slice.
I was assuming the cb->i_low |= 1 is doing the same thing..but I am NOT
sure.

/* I have checked document, I think this bit do not use by decoder.
so we set it to "cb->i_low |= 1 << 10;" */
So why we are adding this...if it is not used by decoder.

And if you would tell where we are checking for byte alignment and putting
'rbsp_alignment_zero_bit' in the code.

Thanks in advance.

2008/11/12 chen <chenm003 at 163.com>

> Hi,
>
>    This question I send some month ago, but nobody give us answer.
>    I have checked document, I think this bit do not use by decoder.
> so we set it to "cb->i_low |= 1 << 10;"
>
> ======= 2008-11-12 13:26:49 =======
>
> >Hi Loren,
> >
> >Thanks for the reply.
> >
> >But Still for my understanding I didn't get answers of my other
> questions...
> >
> >1) Could you tell me where we are adding the end_of_slice
> >(rbsp_stop_one_bit) flag.
> >
> >2) In function void x264_cabac_encode_flush( x264_t *h, x264_cabac_t *cb )
> >
> >cb->i_low |= (0x35a4e4f5 >> (h->i_frame & 31) & 1) << 10;
> >

> >Why this is related to frame number and what is this magic number
> >'0x35a4e4f5'.
> >As per my understanding the standard 'i_low' has no relation with frame
> >number.
> >
> >3) on the same function() the line
> > cb->i_low |= 1;
> >
> >I am NOT getting why we are doing this.Is this end_of_slice flag?
> >
> >It will be very helpful if you could explain it.
> >
> >Thanks in advance...

Regards,
Deepak Singh