[x264-devel] reagrding gaps in frame number value allowed flag

mahesh k maheswarreddy.k at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 07:07:27 CET 2008

Dear experts ,

As per my knowledge gaps in frame number value flag is set, then the encoder
can have gaps in frame number intentionlly. When it is 0, the frame nmber
shoulde be continous.

Frame number is the syntax used to detect a frame loss as per my knowledge.

Now my doubt is that in case if the gaps in frame number value flag is
enbaled then how to detect the frame loss. How does the decoder identify the
frame loss if the gaps in frame number value flag is set?.

Please help me.

With best regards,
Mahesh.