[x264-devel] x264 codec

Alan Harris alan at resoft.co.uk
Fri Nov 21 11:38:17 CET 2008

Hi

Sorry, I was hoping to be able to download ready to use binary codecs
rather than the source code. The references on the VideoLan site are
"Unofficial builds for Windows are available from Jarod
<http://x264.nl/> or Sharktooth
<http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=89979>." However, these are the
command line program to convert formats rather than just the codec. I
hope I am not just being stupid here! Every other site appears to have
the same download.

I am aware of the GPL licence, and have no intention of infringing it. I
am doing some experimentation work with the OpenSceneGraph project which
is LGPL, producing a video generator, which obviously needs a codec. I
have Xvid working, but reviews I have seen say that x264 is a lot better
and would like to try it.

Regards
Alan Harris