[x264-devel] PowerPC hardware needed to maintain PPC port

Guillaume Poirier gpoirier at mplayerhq.hu
Thu Nov 27 22:38:54 CET 2008

Helo folks,

On Oct 18, 2008, at 11:56 , Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My PowerMacG5 died a few weeks ago, and the price of the repair is
> just unreasonable, as they always are with Apple hardware.
>
> I order to keep maintaining x264's PPC, I'd be better of having such a
> machine at home;
>
> Would there be someone who would be willing to get rid of his/her
> PowerPC machine?
> If possible, a G5 would be better as it'd allow to maintain both the
> PPC32 and PPC64 port, but I'd be more than happy with anything with an
> AltiVec unit in it.

Good news everyone: my home insurance agreed to pay post of the
repair as the failure was due to an electrical surge.

I got my G5 back to day with a new logic board and a new CPU block
(what's left of the old machine then? ;-) ).

Thanks to everyone who offered their help, it was really appreciated.

Cheers,

Guillaume