[x264-devel] SVC support

Jason Garrett-Glaser darkshikari at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 21:33:58 CEST 2008

> Pretty much nothing is planned in the OpenSource world: anyone who
> wants something done either gets the work done themselves, or sponsor
> an existing developer to get the job done.
> SVC isn't a simple task, so I imagine it'll take time before someone
> gets it to work.

This isn't entirely true; I can make quite a list of things that were
planned, and then got done (or list things now that are planned, and
will get done).

But SVC isn't on that list, because I don't care about it, nor does
Loren, as far as I know, so given Newton's First Law ("objects at rest
tend to stay at rest"), it will take an external force to cause either
of us to work on it ;)

Dark Shikari