[x264-devel] motion estimation

Oleg Terner olegt at numeri.co.il
Mon Oct 6 11:31:32 CEST 2008

Hello,
We followed your advice and tried to understand the meaning of the
mb.cache.mv vectors through
the simple examples. We've printed its values for run of a 2-frame
movies with small number of blocks ( up to 4 ) each of them
contains only one constant number.
The values that we've recieved in mb.cache.mv aren't obvious ( here
we're meaning
mb.cache.mv[ 0 ] that is used always ). Some of the vectors are zero,
and some other have values that not always
meet with real motion ( sometimes it's halfpixel mistake and some times
it's strongly different ) There is a me method influence also.

So can you, please, explain the structure of the mb.cache.mv? How and
what vectors are stored in each of 48 vectors?

Thanks in advance,
Oleg.