[x264-devel] bug in x264.exe

Jason Garrett-Glaser darkshikari at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 02:40:55 CEST 2008

2008/10/7 Log_OS <Log_OS at list.ru>:
> Hello all!
>
> Not worked lossless encoding in version 999 with any input video.
>
> I use command line:
>  x264.exe --qp 0 --thread-input --threads auto --progress --output "out.mp4" "inp.avs"

As per Foxy's post, x264 has updated its lossless coding to comply
with the H.264 standard, which deprecated the old lossless coding mode
in 2007 and replaced it with the new (and better, compression-wise)
"predictive lossless" profile.  Unfortunately, few decoders support it
yet.  CoreAVC 1.8 is the first to fully support the profile correctly,
as far as I know.  Hopefully x264's support of the profile will
encourage other decoders to support it as well.

Dark Shikari