[x264-devel] crash in latest version

David Sullivan dad.sullivan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 11:53:01 CEST 2008

Hi there,

I compiled x264 r999 (git version) on VS2005 and VS 2008 and I got the same
problem that Aviad listed above.

VS solution of x264 r999 still needs the file eval.c that's no more present
in the encoder folder.
Anyway I excluded it from the solution and there's no problem with compiling
but I got a crash on execution.
(I even tried adding the last eval.c file available in the last daily
tarball that includes but it's the same)

Does x264 still need eval.c file?

The line that crashes is at raw 106,  uint64_t acs =
h->pixf.hadamard_ac[size]( fdec, FDEC_STRIDE );
in function *static inline int ssd_plane*( x264_t *h, int size, int p, int
x, int y )
in *rdo.c* file

the variable "size" has value 0 and the error is about  a violation access.
I used this param string

x264 c:\mobile_cif.y4m --bitrate 100 -o mobile.mkv

mobile_cif.y4m is available here
http://media.xiph.org/video/derf/y4m/mobile_cif.y4m

I can't say more for now but I try hard!

If someone has some news is welcome.

Tnx
David