[x264-devel] crash in latest version

Jason Garrett-Glaser darkshikari at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 19:03:15 CEST 2008

> I uploaded my source as a git repository to assembla, you can clone
> it git at git.assembla.com:rayvmedia.git
> http://www.assembla.com/spaces/rayvmedia/trac_git_tool
> the project contains:
>
> the directshow baseclasses
> a library called libavcommon which does routine stuff for me
> the x264filter filter, which is a directshow filter
>
> I am using visual studio 2005.
> however the same crash happened when I compiled x264 on mingw with gcc 4.2.4
> (pre-fabricated environment which I downloaded)
> I am not using pthreads.
> Thanks
> Aviad

I'm not about to go debug your code for you; as I said, I need a gdb
backtrace or similar.

Note that if you're trying to call x264 from an external library that
isn't compiled by gcc, you may need to add force_align_arg_pointer or
whatever the intrinsic is, for purposes of stack alignment.

Dark Shikari